COVID-19 Impacts on Minnesota Residential Title Closings
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact people and businesses locally, nationally and worldwide, Servion Title is adapting to the new environment in which we all live and work. As such, we have determined there is a need to make changes to the title closing process.
The following closing procedure is effective for all closings occurring at The Servion Group’s office on or after March 23, 2020:
- Our building’s doors are now locked at all times. Please ring the doorbell and an employee will open the door.
- Signers will be directed to a designated room.
- All documents will be in the room, prepared for signing, with clear markings indicating all places where signatures are needed.
- A closer will not be in the same room, in order to abide by social distancing recommendations.
- A closer will be on site and available to answer all questions and provide direction to signers.
- After signing all documents, the signers will leave the room, a closer will enter and review the documents and provide final approval or take any necessary steps to correct errors.
Please note: Video conferencing will not be available. Our on-site closer will be present instead.
Who May Attend Closing
Please be aware that only the required signers will be allowed to enter the building. No small children, relatives, or other non-signatories should attend. Realtors should not attend. We will wire funds or mail a check.
How long will this procedure be in place?
This procedure is in place indefinitely.